“Step away from the screen and make something.” This was the message from Laurie Smithwick, a keynote speaker at the ALT for Everyone summit. These days, most of us spend far too much time in front of a screen. So I decided to follow her message — for the most part. I didn’t step away from the screen (I did look away, does that count?) but I did make something. A simple necklace of gemstone and silver beads purchased months ago. It was an easy, satisfying project. This weekend, we encourage you to step away from the screen and make something. What will you make?
Here are some ideas:
- Get out your beads and create these ombre bracelets.
- Take advantage of the warm weather (if you are in the bay area) and try your hand at shibori dyeing.
- Send a glittery note card to your best girlfriend.
- Use chalkboard paint for a cool and quick transformation.
- Make a pegboard to organize the kids’ or even better, your craft station.
Have a great weekend, everyone!