Signs of fall are everywhere. From the 2-inch fall fashion magazines to stores filled with back-to-school supplies and even Halloween decorations, you can’t escape that fall is fast approaching. But here in the Bay Area, our summer is just getting started. It’s been unusually warm this August, we are not typically blessed with hot days until September or even October. So even though I’ve got my eye on new pieces for fall, it’s just not yet time for us to switch to boots and darker colors. The sun is out, and we are still enjoying outdoor concerts and fairs, beach days, and dining al fresco. We know there are a lot of fall fashion lists out there, so we put together this one for those of us who are still happily enjoying the warm weather.
- Lightweight Jacket — California weather calls for layers, so a lightweight jacket tops our list. An update on the classic, this J Crew swing trench is perfect for warm days that turn into cool nights. This one from Everlane is super cute too.
- Straight-Leg Jeans — We love that straight lens are back in this season. This flattering cut in a darker hue from Madewell is perfect to take us into fall. We like this version from Alexa Chung for AG too.
- Silk Top — This silk tee by Cuyana is a great layering piece that can be worn with almost anything. Dress it up with a skirt or silk pants, and wear it casual with jeans, as we style it here. Opt for a simple cotton tee instead, our new favorites are from Everlane.
- Scarf — A scarf is almost always appropriate in this neck of the woods. A lighter material and softer shade makes it perfect for summer. We like this window pane check for a touch of fall. These options from Sole Society and Gap are also good.
- City Sandals — Earlier this year I was on the hunt for what I called city sandals. Unlike regular sandals, city sandals need to cover a good amount of the foot because the weather is not usually warm enough. These flat slides are cute to wear until it gets cooler. We’ve been spying a touch of blush all over, and the suede neutral greige make these a practical purchase too. Check out some cute city sandals here and here.