Most schools are out for spring break this week or next, so we’ve been seeing a lot of kids (and tourists) running around town. For those of us who don’t get as many vacation days as we did as kids, why not take a day trip? One thing we love about SF is that you can drive in almost any direction and in a short time, feel like you are in a completely different place. Check out our suggestions for where to go to escape in two hours or less:
- Take a hike at Muir Woods, then have a picnic lunch on Stinson Beach
- Book a spa treatment at the Sonoma Mission Inn, then continue the relaxation with wine tasting and dinner before heading back across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Hop the ferry with your bike to Angel Island for a beautiful ride with the best views
- Drive down Hwy 1 and stop at Moss Beach to observe sea life, then head to Sam’s Chowder House for oceanfront clam chowder
- Willing to drive a little farther? Head down to Carmel-by-the-Sea and enjoy a walk on the beach, charming restaurants and shops.
Whether you decide to stay in town or venture out, have a great (Easter) weekend!
- Are you egg-static for eggs this Easter and beyond? Check out some of our favorite recipes to make this weekend.
- We show you how to make a removable pillow cover to freshen up your decor if you’re like us, and like to change things up.
- Is your office uninspiring like ours? See how we’re planning to redo an office.
- We’re searching for the perfect bag for warm weather travel. See which ones we’re considering and share your favorites in the comments.
Photo of Stinson Beach courtesy of pointreyes.org.